Thursday, March 24, 2011

Here I go again

My third--and final, hallelujah!--weekend away in a row this month, this time to the desert with some work friends. And when I say work friends, I mostly just mean one and his wife and a bunch of their friends, some who I met one time, others who were completely new to me. This in itself is definitely a "tiny danger" faced for me; I'm one who likes to know there'll be someone around who's familiar in the midst of new people and new places. But not this time around, and it was an adventure...a booze-drinking, pot-smoking, f-word dropping good time. Definitely not the crowd I'm used to hanging around with, but all in all a good trip nonetheless. I did get to spend a lot of time hanging out with my friend and his wife, who were also abstaining from the other "festivities." We climbed some giant piles of rocks, tried not to blow away in the night as the winds roared around and against our tents; I've never been so thankful for that oh-so-thin nylon or whatever tents are made out of, it sure kept the wind out! Anyway, it was a different trip, but good...I'm making some new friends and they're noticing something different about me. Here's hoping God can use that down the line...

No comments:

Post a Comment